I hope the quality of my photos and the way the meal looks won't turn you away! I have been taking all my pictures with a portable device (ipod) and I was one potatoe short to cover the entire dish.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes and cooking takes about 2 hours
Freezing: This dish will freeze very well for up to 3 months. Freeze it before the final 30 minutes cooking time, then reheat by thawing and cooking uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
2 lbs Pork Fillets
1/4 cup Butter
3/4 lb onions, peeled and thinly sliced
15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
Salt and Pepper
1/2 tsp herbs de provence or dried mixed herbs
1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
3. Transfer the meat to a plate and set aside
6. Add the meat back to the pan
8. Melt the remaining butter and brush the top layer of potato with this (I personaly cut the butter into small squares and lay them on top)
9. Cover the dish with a lid or foil, and cook in the oven for 1 and 1/2 hours at 350 degrees F.
10. Remove the lid from the dish and continue continue cooking for another 30 minutes to brown the potatoes.
Sprinkle with chopped parsely before serving.
Let me know what you think. This has become a staple at our house and we have shared it with many of our friends and family over the years.
Thank you for reading.
I miss you and your cooking!ReplyDelete
Hi Emily, I miss you too. Maybe we will see you in March. Who knows.....spring break is right around the corner.Delete